Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Its COLD out there

In case you haven't noticed, its cold out there. I'm not saying its winter yet, but I think that we're nearing that time. My goal for this winter is to learn to embrace the season. I've got a plan, involving a few simple steps, that should hopefully lead to enjoyment of winter, well, right up until it's spring.

  1. Dress appropriately. I usually follow this one, but this year I'm taking it to a new level. I finally bought winter boots last year (active rating: -40) so my feet should be toasty regardless of what I'm up to. I think this might be the most important step to enjoying winter, and since it will probably involve some shopping at outdoor gear stores, I'm all for it.
  2. Heat my house. We're a little cheap, and often we skimp on the heating to save a few $$. I've decided I'll heat the house to a more normal temperature this year, so at least I won't have to wear all my winter gear inside as well as outside.
  3. Participate in a winter sport. This will at least get me out of the house and into the winter.
  4. Relocate to a warmer climate. I'm doubtful I'll be able to follow though on this one, but I'll put it on the list just in case. You never know, I might become independently weathly really soon and be able to winter somewhere warmer.

Patches and I embracing winter. He does a better job of it than I do.

No comments: