Friday, November 03, 2006

Can you ever have too many stuff sacks?

It started with a tear in our tent fly and my refusal to pay some chump to fix it when I could fix it myself, given the right tools. So, I borrowed my mom's old Singer and Jon and I drove down to Campers Village (our new favorite gear store) to purchase some tent fly material. The end result of this expedition was not only a fixed tent fly, but an assortment of other outdoor gear sewing projects on the go, the majority of them being stuff stacks.

I like sewing stuff sacks, they're moderately easy and very useful. In fact, I just finished sewing 3 light-weight water resistant roll-top sacks (cost per bag ~$5). I also made a neck warmer (cost ~$2) and a set of doggy boots for Patches (he has sensitive feet).

I've got a few more designs and fabrics to try out before I move onto something bigger and better, so expect to see the MacDonalds sporting more stuff sacks than completely necessary next camping trip.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work Jen. Say... if you happen to make too many... I pay 100 dollars per stuff sack. Just kidding.

Anonymous said...

put me down for some stuff sacks! but hold off on making them for a little bit. also I will give you at least 100 won for each one... and im not kidding.

Jenny said...

Justin, you just let me know when you're ready! And even if 100 won translates into 50 cents, it still sounds impressive.