Saturday, June 16, 2007

Running Fools

This morning Jon and I got up early (early enough to walk the dog at 6:30 on a Saturday), loaded Shred into the car and headed to Jumping Pound Ridge for our 5.6 km 5 Peaks Race. It was cool and cloudy and none of us were thrilled to be standing in the rain in our spandex. However, run we did and after racers got spread out over the two courses, things were quite nice. I'd never been to Jumping Pound and even in the mist and rain it was pretty. I enjoyed myself and finished in less time that I thought.

While Mairi finished off her longer race, Jon and I enjoyed the race freebies (bagels, PB, oranges, juice and cookies) and admired our swag (t-shirts, Kicking Horse Coffee Beans and exotic power bars). Much to our surprise, when it came to handing out finish medals, both Jon and I were on the podium for our age categories: Jon came 3rd and I took first. We thought it was quite silly, as we haven't been training much but its possible that all the serious runners were busy with the longer distance leaving us our moment of glory.

Sadly, we did not bring our camera to document the moment, but once pictures appear on the website, I will be passing them on.

No comments: