Thursday, April 12, 2007

Departure

After several long months of waiting, its finally travel time! I'm really looking forward to our 9 days in Nicaragua. We've got a rough itinerary worked out which should involve some volcanoes and some sun and sand. I love markets, so hopefully I'll get to visit a few and try out my barganing skills in spanish.

We packed last night and managed to fit everything into two smaller packs with room to spare. I don't think we've overpacked (although there are a lot of power bars in there), and hopefully we haven't forgotten anything! My only concern is that I may run out of reading material (I only packed two books) but my mother introduced me to Bookcrossing.com last night so perhaps I'll be able to catch a wild book.

Should be a fantastic trip! Check back in 10 days for photos of our adventures. Hasta luego!

No comments: